A long distance move may be one of the biggest projects you ever have to organize, if not one of the most stressful. To help you in your pre-move stage, Wayne And Family Moving has a number of key tips that will really beef up your pre-game moving plan:
- Time & research: You’ll need long distance moving services, moving help, and packing supplies. In order to complete this list, and to find the best prices, you’ll want to give yourself plenty of time. If you thought it would take you one month, give yourself two, as doing this allows you to visit your new location, change movers if need be, and order more packaging supplies if required.
- Getting quotes: The great thing about starting early is that you won’t be pressured into accepting a quote that’s too high. Then, you’ll want to decide what type of moving service you’re willing to pay for: do you want your stuff packed, or do you just need a moving truck?
- Give to Goodwill and organize: Hold a garage sale, give to Goodwill, and do your best to trim down the stuff you haven’t been using. Make a list of the house per room, make your pack schedule, and, above all, create a moving timeline.
- Pack well: If you’re using professionals, you can almost bet your stuff will be packed for safety. If you’re packing yourself, research the best ways to pack your valuables, and get moving help from your friends and family.
- Plans for pets and children: Don't forget about what will happen to your furry loved ones. It may be easier for children to stay with grandparents and this gives you time to explain the move to them. And, of course, you’ll probably have to make kennel arrangements for your pets, and see to it they can also make it safely to your new home. It can be a very stressful time for them, so use extra care and make sure they’re safe.
Follow these tips and you’ll find yourself a much happier mover. And when you need movers you can trust, call (513) 542-5436 or visit Wayne And Family Moving online, and their moving professionals will be happy to assist you.