With the birds chirping and the flowers blooming, it can be easy to forget about the things that matter once spring arrives. Winter was especially hard on vehicles this year, which is why it’s important to visit Ken Marcotte’s Professional Auto Service, Loveland’s most trusted auto repair shop, to be sure your car is still in good shape.
Here are a few tips on what to look out for so your vehicle is ready to hit the road:
- Check the tire pressure. One consequence of cold weather on your car is that it can reduce your tire pressure. Properly inflated tires are safer to drive on and save you a few bucks at the gas pump.
- Look at your wiring. Plugs, wires, and batteries all take a beating in the winter. Have your mechanic take a look to be sure that all of these components are in tip-top shape, or else you risk a breakdown further down the road.
- Pay attention to your suspension. The monstrous potholes that seem to multiply on streets during winter are no friends of your vehicle. It’s not a bad idea to have your auto body shop check in on your shocks and struts to see if there are any issues.
- Replace your windshield wipers. While this is easy and inexpensive car maintenance, your windshield wipers work overtime in the winter when ice and snow wear them down. For the best visibility and safest driving, consider replacing them as the weather breaks—especially before those April showers hit.
- Clean your car. Don't just clean the clutter you’ve collected inside, but also clean the road salt that has gathered on your exterior. Left untreated, salt can corrode your car’s body. Take it to the carwash to save it from damage.
Your safest bet is to stop by Ken Marcotte’s Professional Auto Service, where their team will give you the low-down on how to keep your vehicle running smoothly for years to come. Visit them online to learn more about their services, or call them at (513) 683-7852 to make an appointment for car repair.