Financial District, New York
28 Liberty Street, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10005
(212) 461-7152

What Visa do you Need to Perform in the United States? Experienced Immigration Lawyers Explain. March 11, 2015

Financial District, Manhattan
What Visa do you Need to Perform in the United States? Experienced Immigration Lawyers Explain., Manhattan, New York

Anyone who comes to the United States to earn money -- even musicians or entertainers who wish to perform at an American venue -- is considered a “U.S. Worker,” which requires a special visa. Berd & Klauss, PLLC are well-respected New York lawyers specializing in immigration law, with extensive experience helping people apply for the necessary visas for performing in front of a U.S. audience.

O-1 Visa

This nonimmigrant visa is reserved for individuals who are extraordinarily accomplished in the fields of art, science, music, education, business, television, or cinema. To qualify for this visa, you must demonstrate a degree of ability and skill far above average, and that you are internationally recognized in your field.

P-1 Visa

To perform as a member of an internationally recognized group, you’ll need a P-1 visa. The group in question must demonstrate extraordinary achievement and skill, not just the individual members.

P-2 Visa

This visa is granted to artists or entertainers who are participating in an artistic exchange program between the United States and another country.

P-3 Visa

If you’re coming to the United States to teach, represent, demonstrate, or coach a particular ethnic folk art form, the P-3 is best for you. Individuals applying for this visa must be able to prove the unique abilities of the group and the authenticity of the art form with expert testimonies or published reviews of your work.

All of these visas require a sponsor that is located within the United States. For a variety of immigration services, visit the immigration attorneys Berd & Klauss, PLLC online, or call (212) 461-7152 now to schedule you consultation.

Other Announcements, Events and Deals from Berd & Klauss, PLLC
4 FAQs About Street Encounters with Police, Manhattan, New York
Many undocumented immigrants don’t fully understand their constitutional rights and worry that any interaction with the police will lead to deportation. Fortunately, this is not more
4 Questions to Ask Before Hiring an Immigration Attorney, Manhattan, New York
The U.S. immigration system is notoriously complex, with confusing requirements and guidelines that seem to change constantly. Whether you’re applying for a visa or hoping to become more
4 FAQ About Expiring Green Cards , Manhattan, New York
Individuals with a permanent resident alien status are allowed to stay in the United States indefinitely, but the identifying documents issued by USCIS do expire. Fortunately, an more
4 Essential Steps in Consular Processing, Manhattan, New York
Immigrants with a valid basis for applying for permanent residency may do so from their home countries through their local U.S. Department of State consulate. This application more
Data Entry Complete for FY2020 Cap-Subject H-1B Petitions, Manhattan, New York
On May 17, USCIS announced that it completed a crucial step toward processing cap-subject H-1B petitions for the 2020 fiscal year. In the coming weeks, immigration law officials more