A beautiful, well-maintained yard and lawn can add tremendous curb appeal to your home and increase your home’s property value. Most homeowners enjoy doing small projects themselves, but for major landscaping and hardscaping jobs, a professional company can save you hours of work and provide value. Here are five things to look for in a landscaping and hardscaping company for your property.
- Experience: Make sure to check a landscaping company’s references, reviews, and examples of previous work. Ask to see pictures of projects the company has done that are similar to yours. If possible, visit the site of a recent job the landscape company has completed.
- Insurance: Ask for proof of Workman's Compensation and liability insurance so you will not be liable if a worker is hurt on the job. The contractor should also carry insurance that will protect your property if something happens to damage it while the landscape or hardscape work is being done.
- State License: Verify the landscaper is licensed in your state for the work you are asking him or her to do. Contractors who are not licensed are not held to the standards of the state's licensing board, and you will have little recourse should you have a complaint.
- Communication: If a contractor does not call you back within a reasonable amount of time or fails to keep an appointment to discuss the project, it’s a red flag. It’s important when entering a contractual agreement with a landscaper to have a channel of open, clear communication.
- Detailed Quote: Request a quote for the work to be done in writing. The details of the job, the cost of each item, and dates for work to be completed should be included in the quote.
If you’re ready to enrich your home’s appeal with high-quality landscaping and hardscaping projects in Vineland, NJ, turn to skilled, experienced professionals. At R. E. Cummines, concrete and paving experts have been helping to beautify residences in South Jersey for 60 years. Call them today at (856) 691-4040 to schedule an appointment for a free estimate, or visit them online to learn more about the products and services they offer.