Nearly every state has minimum auto insurance requirements drivers must meet, but those coverage minimums are often inadequate for most drivers. If you’re not sure what levels of insurance coverage you should get, turn to the experience of Jan Parisi Agency Inc. Jan Parisi understands minimum requirements in Spencerport, NY, and the surrounding areas and can help you decide what types of insurance you really need.
Your auto insurance policy can offer minimal or broad-spectrum coverage depending on your budget, driving habits, and other needs. A typical auto insurance policy may include any of the following:
- Liability Coverage: This is the coverage required by most states. You typically have to present your proof of insurance to get a driver’s license or register your vehicle. There are two types of liability insurance, which cover bodily injuries and damages to personal property. If you’re found at-fault for an accident, these policies will cover the injured party’s medical expenses, repairs, and other damages.
- Collision Coverage: When you include collision coverage in your auto insurance policy, you’re covered if you hit another car or a fixed object like a stoplight or median. This coverage includes the cost of repairs for your vehicle.
- Comprehensive Coverage: This covers almost any other type of damages not caused by an accident. Policies can vary, but most cover damages from fire, vandalism, hail, theft, and even collisions with animals like deer.
- Uninsured & Underinsured Motorist Coverage: Despite state requirements for all drivers to carry insurance, many don’t. While many others meet the minimum insurance coverage requirements, that’s often not enough to cover the damages to your vehicle or medical expenses if they’re at fault for an accident. This type of coverage will help pay for your expenses in these cases.
- Medical Payments Coverage: This will cover medical expenses if you or any of your passengers are injured in an accident.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Coverage: PIP coverage is similar to medical payment coverage, but is more extensive. In addition to basic medical expenses, it can also cover the cost of physical therapy, loss of work, funeral and burial, and more. In addition to liability, most states also require minimum PIP coverage as well.
If shopping for auto insurance feels like an overwhelming task, enlist the help of Jan Parisi Agency Inc. She’ll discuss your needs and budget and find you the maximum amount of coverage at the most competitive rates. Follow her on Facebook for more information on the insurance products she offers, or call (585) 349-3592 to get a quote.