Kalispell, Montana
20 Four Mile Dr Ste 4
Kalispell, MT 59901
(406) 552-4343

Common Questions About Filing Workers’ Compensation Claims in Montana November 28, 2017

Kalispell, Flathead
Common Questions About Filing Workers’ Compensation Claims in Montana, Kalispell, Montana

When you have suffered a work-related injury or occupational disease, you’re entitled to receive workers’ compensation benefits. However, the process of filing a claim can be quite challenging. This is why it’s best to learn as much as possible before moving forward. Glacier Law Firm provides the residents of Kalispell, MT, with expert counsel and representation for a range of legal issues. Their attorneys have helped numerous clients successfully navigate tough workers’ comp laws and maximize their claims. Below, they answer a few questions that are frequently asked when applying for benefits.

Common Questions Concerning Montana Workers’ Compensation Claims

Who Is Eligible to File a Claim?

You will be eligible to file a workers’ compensation claim if you were injured or became ill while performing your job duties. There is typically a list of specific injuries and illnesses that are covered by workers’ comp laws, so it’s helpful to look this up to make sure your condition qualifies. 

What Are the Proper Steps to Take After an Injury?

workers compensationAfter suffering an injury, you must report it to your employer within 30 days from the date of the incident or one year from the time you started showing symptoms of your illness. Then, you will need to seek medical treatment and submit a First Report of Injury. This document has to be filed within one year from when the injury took place or your claim can automatically be denied.

What Kind of Benefits Can I Recover?

Workers’ compensation benefits generally cover medical treatment, temporary or permanent partial or total disability, permanent impairment, and vocational rehabilitation. It’s also possible for family members to recover death benefits in the event a loved one passed away from a work injury or occupational disease. The benefits you receive will depend on the severity of your injuries and your ability to continue working.

Do I Need to Work With an Attorney?

Workers’ compensation is a complex area of the law. It’s strongly recommended that you hire an experienced attorney who can help you avoid making errors on your application. This can prevent delays in processing your claim and reduce the chances of it being rejected. Should you need to file an appeal, they will represent your case before a judge.

The more you understand about filing a workers’ compensation claim, the better prepared you will be to go through the process. Working with an attorney will ensure there’s someone to advocate for your right to collect benefits. Contact Glacier Law Firm at (406) 552-4343, or visit them online to learn more about the legal services they offer.  

Other Announcements, Events and Deals from Glacier Law Firm
5 Common Types of Workers' Compensation Cases, Kalispell, Montana
Every year, there are some 2.9 million nonfatal workplace injuries in the United States alone. Many people, however, don't realize they've suffered an injury at work, or they don't t...read more
Product Liability FAQ, Kalispell, Montana
If you have been injured by a defective product, you are legally entitled to compensation for your injury. This is true whether there was a problem with the product’s manufacturing, ...read more
Insurance Bad Faith: What It Is & How It Could Impact a Personal Injury Claim, Kalispell, Montana
An insurance policy is supposed to safeguard you with additional protection and peace of mind in the event of an emergency. But even when you pay your premiums on time and adher...read more
What to Do After You've Been Injured at Work, Kalispell, Montana
Workers’ compensation covers employees who suffer injuries in the course of performing their job duties, but the system can be complex and daunting. Missing a single deadline can res...read more
What to Do After a Hit-and-Run Accident, Kalispell, Montana
When someone else’s negligent driving causes an accident, a skilled attorney can help you collect compensation for your injuries and lost wages. But if the liable driver leaves the s...read more