Whether you’ve moving across the country or just across town, take a moment to carefully pack your belongings. Delicate family heirlooms should always receive extra attention, but some items you may not think of as fragile are especially susceptible to the stresses of moving.
Drawing on their decades of experience in offering reliable moving services to families throughout Cincinnati, Wayne And Family Moving has gathered some packing tips to help you get your belongings to your new home in one piece:
- If at all possible, try to pack electronics in their original boxes. The foam inserts and other custom-made packaging material typically provides the best protection possible protection.
- Remember to back up your data on any electronic devices you’re planning to move. Many environmental conditions which you can’t control could erase data or damage your hard drive.
- Keep your important papers—such as birth certificates, passports, and tax records—with you, even on a local move.
- Pack heavier items, like books, in smaller boxes, so they’re easier to carry. The handles on beer boxes makes them ideal for small, heavy loads.
- Take a picture of your electronics wires to make your setup easier to recreate in your new home.
- Use specialty moving supplies to pack your most fragile items, like dishpack for glassware and delicate crystal. When your mirrors and mattresses arrive clean and undamaged, you’ll be glad you went the extra mile.
Of course, the safest course of action is to leave your possessions in the hands of seasoned professionals. For local moves or assistance moving out of state, visit Wayne and Family Moving online or call (513) 542-5436 to get a free estimate.