With many adults living longer and staying in their own homes longer than ever before, senior home health care has become a valuable resource for family members and caregivers. Not only do good in-home care providers assist seniors with daily tasks like housekeeping and meal preparation, but they also offer companionship and social interaction.
Although your loved one may be currently living at home without assistance, you may notice some signs it’s time to consider senior home health care. Deer Valley Home Health Services, located in Berkeley, St. Louis, and St. Charles, MO, explains seven things to watch for that may indicate a senior needs a little help:
- Poor Eating Habits: If your senior family member seems to be getting thin or frailer, they may not be eating properly. They could need some help with shopping or preparing healthy meals.
- Minor Injuries: If you frequently notice bumps or bruises, it can mean your loved one is having trouble getting around, leading to stumbles and falls. A senior home health care provider will help them move around and remind them to use their cane or walker on a regular basis.
- Loneliness: When you visit, does your senior seem especially sad or lonely? An in-home health care provider can provide valuable companionship and an attentive ear that will help an older adult stay happy and mentally sharp while aging.
- Poor Housekeeping: Perhaps your aging parent or loved one was once a neat housekeeper but is no longer able to keep up with messes and spills. Keep an eye out for indications that cleanliness has taken a downturn.
- Neglected Pets: Well-behaved cats and dogs can be excellent companions for the elderly. But if their care is too much for your senior to handle, it may be time to make other arrangements or acquire the assistance of in-home health care.
- Automobile Mishaps: Watch for unexplained dents or dings in your loved one’s car; it might be time for them to stop driving. A caregiver can provide transportation, as well as help your senior continue to live at home independently even after giving up the keys.
If one of your beloved family members needs senior home health care in St. Louis, St. Charles, or Berkeley, MO, trust in the compassionate professionals at Deer Valley Home Health Services. Their well-trained staff provides a wide array of services, from household tasks to nursing. To learn more about their affordable elderly care, call (314) 355-3679 or visit their website.