Brakes are among the most critical components of your vehicle’s safety, so when they become compromised, it’s essential to get them fixed right away. Unfortunately, it’s not always easy for drivers to tell when their car could be experiencing a brake issue. To a trained mechanic, however, a need for brake repairs is easy to detect.
The experienced team from Ken Marcotte’s Professional Auto Service in Loveland, OH, wants to help drivers stay safe, which is why their trained mechanics have compiled a list of signs you probably need brake repairs:
- Reduced Responsiveness: One of the most obvious signs of a brake issue is reduced responsiveness. If you’re hitting the brake pedal but find it’s taking longer for your vehicle to come to a halt, there’s likely a brake problem occurring.
- Pulling: When you hit the brakes, you shouldn’t feel as if your vehicle is pulling to one side. Should you notice this happening, your car might need a brake adjustment.
- Vibrating Pedal: Some drivers notice a vibration coming from the pedal when their brakes need servicing. While this could also indicate your vehicle is out of alignment, it’s often a sign of warped rotors, which can occur as a result of braking for extended durations.
- New Noises: Having your vehicle checked out by a mechanic any time it makes a new noise is a good rule of thumb to follow. Specifically, the development of squealing, scraping, or clicking noises when you hit the brakes could point to a problem with them.
- Worn Pads: When looking through the spokes of your wheel, can you tell whether there’s at least one-fourth inch of the pad on your brakes? This test can be a bit difficult for the untrained eye, but if you can visually detect worn pads, it means it’s time for new ones.
When you need brake repairs, allow the ASE certified mechanics from Ken Marcotte's Professional Auto Service to help. Their commitment to quality helps drivers get back on the road as quickly and efficiently as possible. To schedule services for your vehicle, call (513) 683-7852 or visit the car repair shop online to learn more about their extensive range of services.