When you receive an engagement ring from your significant other, it means you are preparing for an exciting stage in life. Getting ready for a wedding doesn’t have to be complicated—for many couples, the process is a lot of fun. The team at Wade’s Jewelers in Gibsonville, NC, will do everything they can to help. This jewelry store provides elegant rings and custom designs that allow happy couples to celebrate their love.
Here, they provide a checklist for planning your special day:
- Insure the Engagement Ring: The precious stones and metal in your engagement ring make it a valuable asset. Purchasing insurance for it provides financial protection if it is stolen, lost, or damaged.
- Pick a Date & Venue: Selecting your venue is an important early step, as in-demand locations fill up quickly. This is especially true if you have your eye on a date in the fall or late spring, as these are popular wedding seasons. After making your reservations, send out save-the-date cards.
- Create a Wedding Party: Next, it’s time to ask friends and relatives to participate in the festivities as bridesmaids and groomsmen. If there are special young children in your life, you may also want to consider having them serve as a flower girl or ring bearer.
- Hire Vendors: Just like popular venues, desirable wedding photographers tend to get booked quickly, so act fast! You will also need to make arrangements for entertainment, transportation, hotels, flowers, hair, and makeup. Order your invitations early enough that they are ready to mail out eight weeks before the big day.
- Choose Your Rings: Start shopping for wedding rings early. If you want a custom design, the jeweler needs enough time to develop sketches and prototypes for your approval. Try incorporating diamonds or mixed metals to come up with something unique. You may also want to consider a simple band you can wear with your engagement ring.
- Find the Perfect Dress: Dress alterations can take time, so it’s wise to start shopping early. Many brides start looking at gowns at least eight months in advance. You may want to create a folder of photos from magazines and websites that show your favorite styles, so you know what to look for in stores.
- Finalize the Details: A few weeks before the wedding, review the guest list and create a reception seating chart. This is also the time to rent tuxes and check in with your vendors to make sure everything is on track.
No matter how you choose to spend your special day, Wade’s Jewelers has the engagement rings and wedding bands you can enjoy for a lifetime. Browse their elegant selection online, or call (336) 449-4949 to learn about their custom designs. Like the store on Facebook for more inspiration!