Whether you’re looking for a date night spot or want to treat the kids on a weeknight, it seems like it’s always a good time for frozen yogurt. The tables at Limeberry Frozen Yogurt in Graham, WA, are always packed with customers sampling the latest flavor of the month, from classic vanilla to exotic pomegranate.
You already know that it’s delicious, but there are plenty of other cool facts about froyo. Their team has shared these six fun facts that you probably didn’t know about this popular frozen treat.
- It’s Not Just Cows Milk: The dairy in the treat you’re eating might not come from a cow. Froyo is often made from the milk of sheep, goats and water buffalo — even camels and yaks in parts of Asia.
- You Have a Month to Celebrate: June is National Frozen Yogurt Month in the United States! Challenge yourself and your friends to sample as many flavors as you can to celebrate. If you can’t wait until the summer rolls around, you can also celebrate National Frozen Yogurt Day on February 6.
- It Used to Go By Another Name: Before it was colloquially coined “froyo,” frozen yogurt was originally shortened to “frogurt.”
- It’s Good for You: Just like yogurt, froyo also has health benefits. Not only can it help prevent osteoporosis, but it can also reduce the risk of high blood pressure, improve gut health, and boost your immune system.
- It Provides Nutrients: Since this frozen treat is milk-based, it’s a great source of animal protein. A six-ounce serving also provides a dose of vitamins and minerals such as calcium, potassium, and riboflavin. For an extra boost, load up on healthy toppings such as fruits and nuts.
- It Can Help You Lose Weight: Thanks to its protein count, frozen yogurt can help you feel fuller for longer. Since you get to indulge without the later cravings, you’ll have an easier time losing those stubborn pounds.
Here’s one fun fact you probably did know: frozen yogurt is delicious! If reading this list has you craving a cup of this delicious dessert, stop by Limeberry Frozen Yogurt! This self-serve spot lets you customize your froyo with a selection of toppings such as fresh fruit, nuts, sprinkles, and candy. Wash your concoction down with a refreshing fruit smoothie and feel guilt-free knowing that they offer healthy options such as no-sugar-added, gluten-free, and low-fat yogurts. Check out their menu online or give them a call at (253) 271-0215 to hear about their newest flavors!