Jewelry manufacturing is a meticulous art that can bring to life some of the most stunning rings, earrings, bracelets, and other breathtaking trinkets. Frank Billanti Casting is a jewelry manufacturer who has been based in New York City, since 2009. Below, their jewelry experts share a brief introduction to the nine steps of the manufacturing process they utilize.
9 Steps of the Jewelry Manufacturing Process
- CAD Design: Computer-Aided Design, or CAD, creates a mock-up of the final product, ensuring every aspect of the original design is transferred to the metal. This means that your exact specifications and requirements will be honored, and the final result will be an item that meets your needs and goals.
- Mold Making: The mold is used to reproduce your jewelry item. Frank Billanti Casting employs the highest quality molding materials to guarantee that a piece can be recreated whenever necessary.
- Wax Injection: Before the jewelry casting begins, wax is injected into the mold to get a realistic idea of the dimensions of the piece and how it will look from multiple angles.
- Casting: Jewelry casting is the next step in the process, during which liquid metal is poured into the mold through a special tube called a sprue.
- Sprue Removal & Tumbling: The jewelry manufacturer removes the sprue and polishes away any markings it may leave. Then, tumbling polishes and shines the finished piece to a shimmer.
- Assembling: This is the step in which any necessary working parts are added to the piece, such as hinges, clasps, closures, posts, etc.
- Stone-setting: What is a memorable piece of jewelry without a jewel? During stone-setting, the craftsperson affixes the stone you have chosen in whatever setting you desire: Burnish setting, Prong setting or Pavé.
- Polishing: Your jewels should always sparkle! In the polishing phase, the item is buffed to its sparkling best and in accordance with your preferred polishing style, such as satin or high polish.
- Electroplating & E-Coating: This final, optional step in the jewelry manufacturer's process entails coating your design in a precious metal of your own choosing. Electroplating utilizes electrical currents to make this happen smoothly and uniformly, and Frank Billanti Casting will add your choice of metal, including gold plate, silver plate, rhodium plate.
Contact Frank Billanti Casting to learn more about their manufacturing capabilities or to discuss your plans for a new jewelry design. You can reach them by phone at (212) 221-0440 or through their Facebook or Twitter page. Let the experts help you craft the perfect jewelry piece through their professional, innovative manufacturing process.