When a sleepaway summer camp has been around since 1948, it racks up a large number of alumnae. Camp Walt Whitman is issuing a call to all of its alumnae to reconnect with the camp and other past campers. For many, the joyous memories from the New England summer camp have hardly faded. Even so many years later, it hasn’t been too long to get back in touch.
Here are five ways you can reconnect with your favorite New England summer camp.
- Give Your Info: By heading to the camp’s website, you can fill out a basic form so Camp Walt Whitman has all your information. That way, they can send you the newsletter with all alumnus happenings, and they can help facilitate connections between you and your old friends.
- Write a Note: Give all your old pals an update about where you ended up in life — your town, your job, any family. You can also browse the current notes to check up on anyone you lost touch with.
- Submit Photos: One of the great pleasures of reconnecting with your camp is to check out the wonderful photos of your youth. Not only will you be filled with joy at seeing the camp sights you knew so well, but you may even catch a glimpse of your young self! If you have any great shots, make sure to send them in!
- Gather & Sing: If you actively socialize with other camp alumnae, you can plan a time to gather and look over the Camp Walt Whitman songbook. As you sing the old songs together, all the memories will come rushing back.
- Join us for our 70th Anniversary Alumni Reunion this summer: On Saturday, July 28th, come visit with old friends at CWW this summer and enjoy reminiscing about the old times while seeing everything makes CWW so special for campers today.
No matter how long it’s been since you attended Camp Walt Whitman, the New England summer camp wants to hear from you! You can speak with a staff member by calling (800) 657-8282. Learn more about joining the summer activity camp’s alumni registry by visiting their website.