Finding a new contractor can be an intimidating experience, especially when there are so many options, advertisements, and online reviews to sift through. As a smart customer, however, you’ll be looking at the issue from many angles—you won’t just rely on what a company says about itself.
To get the best service for your ductless heating and cooling system, look for a contractor with these qualities:
- Certifications & Accreditations: Make sure everyone you work with has the necessary certifications. They should also participate in industry associations such as the Exeter Area Chamber of Commerce or the Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA). As an extra precaution, check their rating with the Better Business Bureau®.
- Insurance: Don’t let anyone tinker with your ductless heating and cooling system unless you know they’re insured. Opening an HVAC system can be dangerous, even for those who are well-trained. Furthermore, if someone gets injured on your property without coverage, you could be liable. Protect the interests of everyone involved by only working with insured HVAC contractors.
- Consistently Positive Reviews: The majority of a contractor’s online reviews should be positive. Of course, every professional has a few unhappy clients, so the key word here is “consistent.” However, you can learn a lot about a contractor’s professionalism by the way they respond to negative criticism. If they apologize and offer to rectify someone’s situation, that’s a great sign.
- Great References: Even better than an online review is a direct reference. Talking to a person over the phone or face-to-face yields a lot more information than just reading a post. While reviewing a contractor, request contact information from two or three recent clients.
- Home Evaluations: When you’re ready to start requesting estimates, your HVAC contractor should inspect your heating or air conditioning system in person. Your estimate should also be written out and fully itemized—never settle for a phone estimate. If a contractor seems confident about providing an estimate without evaluating your system, consider this a red flag.
Looking for reliable professionals to service your ductless heating and cooling system? Key Heating & Air Conditioning has the insider knowledge and skills you require. They’ve been serving the Exeter, NH, area for over 25 years—with a specialty in high-efficiency heating systems—and they look forward to serving you next. Call (603) 436-8811 to get in touch, or view their website for details. Financing is available.