Dealing with an unplanned pregnancy can be overwhelming. It can sometimes be hard to confide in your friends, family, or even your partner. It’s common to feel scared and unsure of what to do next. Getting professional pregnancy help early makes it easier for you to understand your emotions and develop a plan. Pregnancy resource centers provide free assistance for women who are pregnant or think they might be.
Here are a few reasons why you should consider visiting a pregnancy resource center:
- Tests & Ultrasounds: If you’re unsure whether you’re pregnant, a pregnancy resource center will provide you with a free test administered by a nurse or other health care consultant. Once your pregnancy is confirmed, you’ll receive a free ultrasound to determine the health of the fetus and how far along you are.
- Pregnancy Options: The professionals and volunteers at the pregnancy resource center are trained to provide nonjudgmental, confidential counseling regarding your options. They will help you consider your choices in a compassionate manner. The counselors are there to provide support, but final decisions will always be up to you.
- Postabortion & Miscarriage Support: Whether the pregnancy ended naturally, or you chose to terminate, you might experience feelings of grief. Meeting with a counselor or support group can help you begin the healing process and understand the physical and emotional effects of your experience.
- Parenting Support: If you decide that being a parent is the right choice for you, a pregnancy resource center can provide parenting and relationship education. They may even offer important supplies, such as diapers.
- Community & Professional Referrals: Pregnancy resource centers will refer you to health care providers, adoption agencies, and nonprofit groups who can provide additional pregnancy help. There are many programs out there to help you plan the next stage of your life, and visiting a resource center allows you to connect with them in one convenient location.
Pregnancy help takes many forms, and choosing the right approach can be challenging. The staff at your local resource center has your best interest in mind and will provide the support and advice you need to make the most appropriate decision for your situation.
Heartbeats in Zanesville, OH, provides free and confidential pregnancy help to women from all walks of life. Our trusted team offers everything from free pregnancy tests and ultrasounds to abortion alternatives and adoption agency referrals. Call us at (740) 450-5437, or visit our website to learn more about the services we provide.