Whether you’re preparing for a special occasion or you simply want to avoid the discomfort of bloating, steering clear of foods known to cause bloating can help you look and feel slimmer. While there’s more to weight control than just avoiding bloat-causing foods, this approach may help keep added puffiness at bay temporarily.
Here to shed light on the topic is the team from NJ’s leading health services provider, NutriMost Watchung. Below is their list of the most common bloat-inducing foods:
- Cruciferous Vegetables: You probably never expected broccoli and kale to appear on a list of foods to avoid, but if you’re prepping for a beach vacation or a once-in-a-lifetime event, you may want to cut back on these veggies for a few days. While they are tremendously rich in nutrients, they also require more work to digest, which in turn leads to bloating.
- Salty Foods: Pretzels, chips, and other foods rich in sodium aren’t exactly ideal for weight control to begin with, but they’re especially notorious for causing water retention. If you do indulge in salty snacks, just be sure to drink plenty of water to flush the excess sodium and retained fluids from your system.
- Dairy: Eating cheese, yogurt, and other milk products can create gas, especially in lactose-intolerant individuals. To keep your gastrointestinal tract healthy (and thus avoid bloating), choose lactose-free options whenever possible.
- Beans: While most beans have many beneficial nutritional properties, they contain some nutrients our bodies don’t fully absorb. Thus, they aren’t digested until they reach the large intestine, which can create puffiness in the waistline. As with most foods, they’re fine in moderation, but pass on them if you’re approaching a time when you’ll want to look your slimmest.
- Artificial Sweeteners: Artificial sweeteners may help you cut calories, but they can wreak havoc on the digestive system, too. From cramps to bloating, the side effects of these substances typically aren’t worth the saved calories.
Avoiding bloat-causing foods can be helpful occasionally, but the best approach for permanent weight control is adopting healthy living habits you can sustain long-term. With their 40-day NutriMost weight loss program, the team from NutriMost Watchung provides clients with the tools and resources they need to achieve powerful results tailored to their specific body type. To learn more about their transformational system, call (908) 279-7740 or visit their website. You can also take a peek at some of their five-star NutriMost reviews by liking them on Facebook.