Whether you’re looking for a fresh new cut or have been dissatisfied with other salons, you’ll know when it’s time to look for a new stylist. However, finding a hairstylist you love is one of the most challenging aspects of changing your style. At America Hair Style International in New York City, their experienced stylists want to make sure you enjoy your appointment.
Here, they’ve put together a few tips to help you find a hairstylist you’ll love:
- Ask for Recommendations: The easiest way to find a stylist you love is to ask around for recommendations. Often, clients who love their salons are more than happy to talk to you about their experiences, so you’ll be able to see if it’s a good fit. Look for people who recently got a new haircut or changed their color and ask their opinion of their stylist.
- Research the Area: New York has thousands of qualified stylists, but you shouldn’t have to travel all the way across town just to book an appointment. Research the stylists that are convenient to your home or workplace. The more convenient it is for you to get to an appointment, the less stressed you’ll be when you have your haircut.
- Schedule a Trim: Before committing to a major style change, schedule a trim at a salon. This will give you a chance to get a feel for the stylists as well as the ambiance of the salon without taking a risk on a major haircut.
- Bring Pictures With You: Even the best stylists can’t read your mind and need direction if you’re trying to achieve a particular look. Bring plenty of pictures with you to give your stylist an idea of what you’re looking for. The more they understand your style, the better your experience will be and the more likely you’ll be to book another appointment.
- Book a Consultation: The best way to know if you’re comfortable with a hairstylist is to book a consultation prior to your haircut. This gives you a chance to tour the salon while seeing which products they work with, how they’ll treat your hair type, and whether they listen to your needs.
The dedicated stylists at America Hair Style International want to make sure you get the exact haircut you’re looking for. Book an appointment today and see for yourself what a highly-trained and experienced hairstylist can do for your look. Visit their website for more information on their women’s haircut services and call (212) 315-1527 to speak with a member of their staff.