When you consider your child’s education options, choose a school that employs an effective, child-centered approach. The Montessori method — first developed in the early 20th century — is a time-tested educational philosophy that helps children develop their unique abilities. Centre Square Montessori Schoolhouse has employed this methodology successfully for families in Blue Bell, PA, for the past 45 years.
Below, their expert faculty and staff explain five benefits of Montessori schools:
- Individual Pace: One downside of conventional educational models is that they require every child in a class to move at the same pace, which holds some students back and leaves others behind. Montessori schools recognize that children mature at different rates, so they embrace a “follow the child” approach that allows children to progress at the right pace for them.
- Hands-On Learning: The Montessori method emphasizes the use of hands-on activities to help children learn practical skills. Children complete projects and play with manipulatives rather than memorizing lists and completing tedious worksheets.
- Sensory-Based Activities: For children to become lifelong learners, it is important that they discover the joys of education. Montessori teachers help make learning fun by providing lessons that appeal to all five senses.
- Holistic Education: Montessori schools are concerned about more than just academics. They want children to develop socially, emotionally, and physically.
- Highly-Trained Teachers: Accredited Montessori schools only hire teachers who possess highly-specialized training in early childhood development.
If you are looking for a Montessori school in the Blue Bell, PA, area, choose Centre Square Montessori Schoolhouse. Their expert educators have helped children discover the joy of learning since 1972, and they offer a range of programs for nursery, kindergarten, and elementary school students. Visit their website to learn more about the school or call (610) 275-1775 to schedule a tour.