A bathroom remodeling project can be very rewarding if you choose the right person for the job and know what to expect throughout the process. To ensure you have an enjoyable experience with your contractor, know the right questions to ask, both before and after hiring them.
What to Ask Before Hiring a Bathroom Remodeling Contractor
The first time you meet with a contractor, think about it as a kind of interview for both sides. The contractor is determining whether your project is a good fit, and you're deciding if you feel comfortable hiring them to work on your home.
The following questions will help you know if they’re the right person for the job:
- How long have you worked as a contractor?
- What are your training and educational background?
- Are you properly licensed and insured?
- Are you a part of any professional organizations?
- Do you have photos of completed projects I can see?
- Do you have references you can share with me?
- What can you offer me that other contractors cannot?
What to Ask After Hiring a Remodeling Contractor
Once you’ve found the right person (or team) for the job, you need to know what to expect from the project:
- Can you provide me with an estimated timeline for the project?
- What will be expected of me during this time?
- Will my project require a permit?
- What are the best material options for tile & stone, custom cabinetry, etc.?
- Can you provide me with a warranty?
- How will you design the bathroom to avoid long-term moisture damage?
Looking to contract for a bathroom remodeling project? The experts at InsideOut Renovations & Home Repair are happy to answer all of your questions. As the leading provider in Lincoln, NE, they uphold a strong reputation through experience and transparency. Visit them online to browse their portfolio of beautiful remodeling and updating work, or call them at (402) 474-0028 to discuss your project and to get a quote today!