At Just Appliance Repair we repair, service, and maintain dryers and major appliances. Some fabrics can be easily used in the dryer without worries that they’ll lose their shape or be damaged. These fabrics can be safely dried without a thought:
- Cotton: Its a natural fiber and one of the most common fabrics that are used nowadays for different purposes.
- Acrylic: It is a synthetic fiber that is made from the polymers of acrylic acid. Generally, this fabric is shrink resistant so it is best to take it out from the dryer when it is not fully dry.
- Linen: It is another natural fiber that is spun together before creation and weaved in different patterns.
- Nylon: Is best known for making stockings. It is a durable material that is safe to be put in the dryer.
- Polyester: Another material that can be dried in a dryer without reshaping or getting damage.
- Silk: It is a beautiful fiber that creates great clothing. There are different types and only some can be used in the dryer.
Other fabrics that are dryer safe are spandex, wool, and microfibers.
Fabrics that should not be placed in a dryer include:
- Rubber: Whether it is natural or synthetic, it should not be put in the dryer.
- Rayon: It is created from the natural wood fiber so it lies somewhere between the synthetic and natural fabric. Read the care instructions very carefully.
- Laces or embellished items: The movement of the dryer can damage embellishments such as beads so they should not be put into the dryer unless you use a protective garment bag.
Just Appliance Repair has technicians available to help with your appliance repair needs. Call 845-243-7052 to make your appointment today. Read real and verified customer reviews and testimonials of Just Appliance Repair and check out our 4.0 Star Rating on Home Advisor. You can also catch up on previous blogs you may have missed here.
Proudly serving these Mid-Lower Hudson Valley Areas: Orange, Ulster, Dutchess, Putnam, Columbia, Westchester, Rockland, Northern New Jersey and Parts of Connecticut.
Just Appliance Repair, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601 PH: 845-243-7052