Investing in a storage unit can be a great way to clear some space in your home or apartment, especially if you’re the type of homeowner who likes to decorate for the season. However, the professionals from East “O” Street Self Storage in Lincoln, NE, understand that swapping out your seasonal items from storage isn’t always as easy as it seems, so they’ve compiled a few tips for you.
For those who want to swap out their winter items for their summer belongings in storage, here are five helpful tips from the self-storage experts:
- Keep a List: A good way to keep track of all of the winter items you plan on placing into storage is by keeping a detailed list of the items you place in your unit and where they’re located. Keep the list somewhere that can be easily found next season.
- Evaluate Space: If you find that you have more winter items than summer items to store this season, it may be prudent to reevaluate your storage needs. Stuffing everything from top to bottom will make it much harder to find things next year, so maybe you need a larger unit.
- Secure Items in Storage Unit: There are few things worse than having a pile of boxes tumble down upon you in your storage unit, which is why, before closing it down for the season, it’s a good idea to secure items for your next visit. Doing so will help keep your belongings safe, in addition to minimizing the risk of injury next time you stop by your storage unit.
- Color-Code Items: If you have a storage unit that’s packed to the brim, one great way to get the most out of your space is to color-code boxes. Adding some blue tape to the winter items you plan to store and some orange tape for summer items will help make your visits much easier.
- Leave Some Space: Trying to navigate in a cluttered storage space is no one’s idea of a good time, which is why East “O” Street Self Storage recommends leaving a small pathway so you can easily reach your items when you want to swap them out.
For those in need of seasonal solutions, contact the professionals from East “O” Street Self Storage today at (402) 489-0134 to find out what makes them one of the area’s leading storage unit facilities. You can also visit their website for a helpful moving guide.