If you want a more beautiful smile, several cosmetic dentistry procedures can help. They all work differently, however, and address distinct cosmetic issues. That’s why the expert dentists from Preventive Dental Services in Homer, Alaska, are here with their guide to some of the more common cosmetic dentistry procedures. Read on to find out what they are, and how they make for brightened smiles.
- Veneers: Dental veneers are placed over the front of your teeth to reduce the appearance of damage and protect teeth from further problems. They can be placed on individual teeth or, as is the case with many movie stars, placed over all your teeth to create a perfect-looking smile.
- Crowns: Crowns, usually made of porcelain, are laid over broken teeth to replace the structure with clean, intact material that mimics a real tooth surface.
- Whitening: This process whitens teeth using bleaching gels and, sometimes, UV light. It’s quick, easy, and relatively inexpensive, making it an attractive option. At-home whitening kits are available but aren’t as safe or effective as whitening from a professional dentist.
- Dental Bridges: Dental bridges are prosthetic teeth anchored to the adjacent teeth. They are used to replace teeth that are missing due to poor oral hygiene, trauma, overcrowding, or other reasons.
- Cosmetic Fillings: Dental fillings, usually made of metal, are used to fill cavities caused by bacteria to keep them from spreading. They leave a metallic appearance on the surface of the tooth. Cosmetic fillings use a composite material that is the same color as the tooth. Instead of standing out, these fillings will be almost impossible to see with an untrained eye.
Not sure which type of cosmetic dentistry is right for you? Call the expert dentists at Preventive Dental Services in Homer, Alaska, at (907) 235-1286. From dentures to crowns and everything in between, their compassionate team is equipped with the latest technology, and are highly skilled in everything from root canals and orthodontics to dental bridges. Visit them online to meet their team of oral healthcare specialists.