Now that your commercial truck has had some time to recover from the harsh winter months, it's time to get ready for the long haul of summer. There are a handful of important truck repairs you should check off your list before the hottest months are in full swing, and Goodyear Motors of Lodi, NJ, will be happy to help keep you running throughout the season.
To make summer as safe as possible, consider commercial truck services in the following categories:
- Chassis Alterations: Different seasons may call for different jobs, so it never hurts to update your vehicle accordingly. Whether your truck's chassis needs to be reinforced or altered in any way — including changes to the wheelbase — now is the time to make the necessary adjustments.
- Coolant & Coolant Hoses: Winter is a demanding season, but summer brings with its own unique concerns. Avoid a blown engine and the threat of breakdown with inspection and repair for your coolant and coolant hoses. When in doubt, replace all old hoses and add fresh coolant for further peace of mind.
- Engine Belts: Engine belts are an oft-overlooked aspect of pre-summer maintenance, but don't underestimate the wear and tear these components endure. It's much cheaper to replace worn belts than it is to repair a failing engine, so check for warning signs early and fix any problems before they get worse.
- Liftgate Repair: Your liftgate is going to put in a lot of work in the coming months, so you'll need it to be in top condition. For those with aging setups that require extensive repairs, consider investing in new liftgate installation instead.
- Tire Maintenance: The last thing you need this summer is a blown tire. It's a serious hazard for you, your commercial truck, and everyone else on the road, which is why there's no such thing as being too careful with your wheels. Take your truck in for a full repair and maintenance checkup now so you won't have to worry about a potential disaster later.
Beyond keeping you on the road and on schedule, covering all your bases with commercial truck repair is the best way to follow all relevant Department of Transportation regulations. You will find all the repair expertise you need at Goodyear Motors, which serves Passaic County, northern New Jersey, and the surrounding Tri-State area. Learn more about their commercial truck services online, and call them at (800) 542-0978 to get your vehicle ready for summer. You can also find the company on Facebook.