Most people will only get their roof built once in their lifetime - so, when the time comes, how will you know how to choose a good roofer? To assist in this important undertaking, the professional roofers at Oceanview Roofing in Kailua have a few words of advice for anyone looking for a reputable roofing contractor.
Here are some simple things the experts at Oceanview Roofing recommend you can do to find a reliable and skilled roofer:
- Licensing: Make sure your roofing contractor has the right licensing for your state or area. Especially in Hawaii, lots of people claim to be roofers when in fact they are not properly licensed. So ensure the contractor provides you with proof of their licensing before allowing the work to begin. The last thing you want is to be stuck with a roofer who doesn’t comply with building codes.
- Proof of insurance: Many roofing companies are not licensed with OHSA, and don’t carry worker’s insurance. Thus, if an accident occurs on your roof or property, you could be responsible for the damages. Yikes!
- Certification: Make sure your roofer has been approved or certified by the manufacturer to install/fix their product. Choosing an un-certified roofer means that you may not get the full warranty on the product - not to mention you’re taking on a lot of risk with the quality of the workmanship.
- References: You want to choose a reliable company that doesn’t hire out the work to sub-contractors. Check if they are registered with the Better Business Bureau.
- Materials: Ask what materials they are using. No-rust nails? Do they know what materials are best to use in your climate? In Hawaii, for instance, aluminum roofing might be the best option.
Whether you need roofing repairs, aluminum roofing, or just need the most trusted roofing contractors that Hawaii has to offer, Oceanview Roofing is your go-to resource in the greater Honolulu area, providing superior workmanship in all their roofing projects. Call (808) 234-1000 to find out more about their expertise, or visit Oceanview Roofing's website for more information.