Between visits from your air conditioning contractor, regular DIY HVAC maintenance is necessary to keep your system running efficiently. It will also help ensure that your system lasts its full potential lifespan and reduces the likelihood of needing repairs.
Below, the owner of Bradley’s Plumbing & Heating provides his top five HVAC maintenance tips to help keep your system in good working order:
- Keep Filters Clean: Any filters on your HVAC system should be kept clean of dust, dirt, and buildup to work properly. If your filters are clogged, have your local air conditioning company replace them ASAP. Dirty filters mean your system has to work harder to achieve the same results, burning through energy and boosting monthly bills.
- Bi-Annual Checkups: Have an air conditioning contractor look over your system twice per year. They can give it a tuneup and catch potential problems before the need arises for a more expensive AC repair.
- Clear the Area: Keep both indoor and outdoor air conditioning and HVAC units clear of debris, branches, leaves, and anything else with the potential to obstruct the air flow. HVAC systems pull air from all sides, and any blockages will put extra strain on your system.
- Check for Odors & Condensation: Odors, condensation, ice, or other unusual conditions should be reported to your air conditioning contractor right away. Not only might something be breaking down, but strange smells can indicate a safety hazard.
- Check for Leaks: Whether it’s a gas leak in your furnace or a refrigerant leak in your air conditioner, inspect your system regularly for signs of leakage.
If you find them or notice other issues, call Bradley’s Plumbing & Heating right away at (540) 337-1008. Their affordable prices, experienced team, and focus on great customer service make them the top air conditioning company in the area. Check them out online to learn about their “Service first” philosophy and work guarantee.