When it comes to warming your home, heating oil is a choice that makes sense in a many different ways. With more than three decades of home heating experience, the talented crew of Apple Oil knows what matters most to Connecticut residents in New Haven and Fairfield counties. If you’re considering having an oil heating system installed, read on to learn about the benefits you’ll receive.
Heating oil has a number of advantages over other forms of fuel, including:
- Longevity: Systems that use heating oil can last more than 30 years when properly maintained. This marks a significant advantage over gas systems, which normally last around 14 years.
- Safety: The many explosions of action movies have imprinted a flammable image of heating oil in many people’s heads. In reality, heating oil only ignites at 140 degrees Fahrenheit, meaning an errant match won’t be of any concern. Also, warning signs, such as smoke, soot, and odors, make a malfunctioning system easy to identify quickly.
- Clean Burn: Emissions associated with heating oil clock in at almost zero, and continued advancements are lowering that figure even more. When properly cared for, a system traps all the soot it creates inside the tank.
- Fewer Supply Issues: Heating oil is held at independent locations and doesn’t rely on a network of pipelines to get to your home. This significantly decreases the chances of a major incident, such as a leak or broken pipeline, that would delay or even prevent the delivery of your heating oil.
- Faster Temperature Control: Oil heats up more quickly than natural gas, allowing you to warm your home to a comfortable temperature in less time. This faster source of warmth is a much-needed luxury during the cold winter season.
Maintaining a warm and comfortable atmosphere in your home requires an efficient and clean heating system. With the help of Apple Oil, you can be sure your heating oil system is providing you with all of its many benefits. For more information, call (203) 934-3835 or visit the website today.