There are a lot of terms thrown around when discussing the subject of diamonds: cut, clarity, carats, and more. But what does it all really mean? The best jewelry stores have experts who can explain everything you need to know about buying diamonds. Allurez is one of the best jewelry stores for diamond rings and other fine jewelry in New York City, and they will explain all you need to know to make a smart choice when buying diamonds.
Here are some basic terms to understand about diamonds, courtesy of Allurez:
- Carat: Many people think this term has to do with the size of the diamond, but it really refers to the weight, which isn’t necessarily related to size.
- Color: The less color a diamond has, the better, except in the case of rare colored diamonds such as yellow or black. Slight coloration lowers a diamond’s value.
- Cut: Diamonds need to be properly cut to showcase their brilliance and shine. Even a perfectly clear and colorless diamond won’t shine if it is poorly cut.
- Clarity: This term refers to the absence of imperfections in a diamond. While most diamonds have some slight imperfections, the fewer there are, the higher the quality.
- Shape: Allurez offers all 10 different shapes of diamonds, but which you purchase is entirely up to your taste.
- Certification: When buying a loose diamond, be sure to get a copy of its grading certification. The certificate proves that the diamond has been through an independent professional examination.
Now that you have the facts about diamonds, you’re ready to make a purchase. Visit Allurez online to see their wide selection diamond rings, diamond earrings, and other fine jewelry.