Hot tubs are a soothing, social way to unwind—but did you know they also help support your fitness activities? Here are just a few ways regular soaking in a spa can help you before and after workouts:
- Increased Circulation: Soaking in a hot tub increases the amount of blood volume to your heart, allowing it to pump more efficiently and increase circulation to vital organs and muscles.
- Improved Recovery: Aside from space, water is the only other environment where the body is nearly weightless. Combined with increased circulation, submersion in a spa can reduce strain on joints and help cardiovascular performance.
- Reduce Stress: Stepping into a hot tub like the Hot Spring spas found at Home & Hearth will help you ease tension and stress. Lowered stress can reduce cortisol levels associated with many health risks and increase recovery times. Relaxation also helps athletes’ mental focus and can contribute to greater athletic performance.
- Improve Sleep:
Soaking in hot water increases body temperature. After getting out of the spa, your core temp drops, signaling your body for sleep and helping you fall asleep faster. Better quality sleep can lead to greater athletic performance and help keep the body functioning properly.
- Ease Muscle Tension: Hydrotherapy has long been used to ease muscle tension and soreness. Turning on the jets in your hot tub helps massage and relieve those tired muscles after the day’s workout.
- Passive Workout: Don’t feel like hitting the gym? Jump in a hot tub instead! Soaking for 15-20 minutes in a hot tub can simulate a mild cardio workout. (If you have a heart condition, it is always recommended to follow your doctor’s advice regarding hot tub usage.)
If you are ready to wind down and feel better in a new hot tub, the team at Home & Hearth in Traverse City, MI can help. Hot Spring® spas are the world’s best-selling hot tub brand. They offer the best ownership experience with better massage, water and energy efficiency. Call (231) 922-0064 today to take advantage of all the benefits Hot Spring spas have to offer. For more information on the wide variety of hot tubs, visit them online.