Nobody wants to sit at table with cloudy glassware or dishes that aren’t 100% clean. Here, Just Appliance Repair, offers tips to help your dishes, glasses, pots, and pans. look their very best:
Your dishwasher could be to blame for cloudy glasses, but there are some other causes you’ll want to check on;
- Too Much Detergent – Cloudiness or etching on your glasses could be caused by using too much detergent. Try cutting the amount you use in half.
- Gel Detergent – May not be the best for your dishes and glasses. The gel can sometimes leave a residue that can cause cloudiness. Change to a powder or tablet detergent and see if that helps.
- Hard Water – Depending on where you live, the water coming into your house can be hard, meaning it has a high mineral content. These minerals can build up over time and leave film on your glasses. Get a water hardness test at your local hardware store to see if this is the cause.
- Water Drainage – The food your dishwasher gets off of your dishes can build up and clog your dishwasher’s drain leaving you with dirty dishwater. Take a look at the filter and drain area and remove any food build-up you might find. You may need to replace the filter if it’s damaged.
- Water Flow – There may be a problem with your dishwasher that restricts water flow. Also, make sure your water temperature is at least 130°F, most detergents need hot water to work best.
Ever run your dishwasher and some of the dishes stay dirty? Here are a few tips to keep this from happening:
- Dishwasher Loaded Incorrectly – Yes, there really is a correct way to load your dishwasher. Make sure you’re not overloading the machine and that the dirty areas of the dishes face the center of your dishwasher for the best results.
- Worn or Broken Parts – Dishwashers, like all appliances, need a little extra help once in a while. If your dishwasher isn’t cleaning the dishes, it could mean a worn or broken: water pump belt, water inlet valve, upper or lower wash arm assembly, circulation pump, pump and motor assembly, wash impeller, circulation and drain pump motor or upper wash arm spinner. Let us help you determine if there’s a part that needs replacing.
- Dishwasher Odor – If your dishwasher is working well but doesn’t smell good, just deodorize it. You can run a regular cycle with some white vinegar or use a special dishwasher cleaner to get the job done.
Just Appliance Repair has technicians available to help with your appliance repair needs. Call 845-243-7052 to make your appointment today. Read real and verified customer reviews and testimonials of Just Appliance Repair and check out our 4.0 Star Rating on Home Advisor. You can also catch up on previous blogs you may have missed here.
Proudly serving these Mid-Lower Hudson Valley Areas: Orange, Ulster, Dutchess, Putnam, Columbia, Westchester, Rockland, Northern New Jersey and Parts of Connecticut.
Servicing the following neighborhoods:
- Poughkeepsie, Cold Spring Harbor, Middletown, Newburgh, Croton-on-Hudson
- Port Jervis, New City, Yorktown Heights, Beacon, Carmel Hamlet
- Kent, Patterson, Southeast Putnam Valley. Cold Spring. Nelsonville, New Windsor
- Brewster. Chappaqua, Kingston, Haverstraw, Stony Point, Hyde Park
- Wappingers Falls, Fishkill, Pine Bush, Mount Kisco, Briarcliff Manor
- Dobbs Ferry, Larchmont, Pleasantville, Peekskill, Wallkill, Tuckahoe
- West Nyack, Blauvelt, Spring Valley, Cornwall-on-Hudson, Woodstown
Just Appliance Repair, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601 PH: 845-243-7052