Whether you are moving or just have too much stuff, a storage unit is the perfect place to keep your extra belongings. Self-storage is affordable — prices depend on size and whether it is heated storage — but you will still want to get the most bang for your buck by filling it strategically. By organizing the items in your self-storage unit now, you’ll make life easier in the future when you need to find something or it’s time to move to a bigger house.
Here are five ways to pack your storage unit efficiently:
- Use Space Effectively: When storing large or unusually shaped items, disassemble or break them down if possible. Often, tables, exercise equipment, and lawn furniture can be folded or taken apart to conserve space.
- Organize Your Belongings: Storing similar items, such as a group of chairs, together adds organization and helps save space if they can be stacked. You can also store items according to which room they go in, such as the kitchen or bedroom.
- Create an Inventory: Make a list of everything in the storage unit. This will prevent any later confusion, as you’ll know which items are still in your home and which you put in storage.
- Label Boxes & Create a Map: Label boxes so you can easily determine what is inside them later. It may also be helpful to sketch a map of where everything is located within the unit to find it quickly when needed.
- Leave Space to Move Around: If possible, leave a walkway down the middle of your unit to help you access items without having to empty the space every time you want something in the back.
International Self Storage of Anchorage, AK, has clean, secure, and affordable storage units so you can clear the clutter from your home. To find out more about your self-storage options or the best way to pack your belongings, call them at (907) 563-3287. Take a look at their website to learn more.