Every country and region of the world has its own flavors and trademark dishes. Just as England is known for their fish and chips or Italy for its pasta, the Middle East has a few popular dishes of its own. However, you don’t have to travel anywhere out of New York City to experience the variety of flavors that the Middle East has to offer, becauseZaytoons serves all of the most beloved dishes.
Here is a list of some of the most popular types of Middle Eastern food always on Zaytoon’s menu:
- Hummus – mashed chickpeas made with tahini, olive oil, garlic and lemon juice. This is typically served as an appetizer with a side of pita bread.
- Tahini – the essence of many popular Middle Eastern dishes. This traditional paste is used as a spread on bread and crackers.
- Falafel – probably the most popular Middle Eastern food made with chickpeas, onions and spices. This is typically served in pita bread alongside vegetables.
- Tabouleh – a unique type of salad made with cracked wheat, mint, parsley and a few other spices.
- Baba Ghannouj – a vegetarian’s delight! Served in pita bread or with vegetables, this is a traditional smooth and creamy treat.
- Pita Bread – a Middle Eastern staple that’s served with practically every meal! The bread is toasted, stuffed or dipped in a variety of different foods. It’s very easy to make and quite delicious.
Zaytoons is one of the best and most authentic Middle Eastern restaurants in Brooklyn, serving all of the traditional favorites. Try some of their most popular dishes and experience the unique flavors of the Middle East.