When you want to get into shape and improve your overall health, there are a few lifestyle changes you’ll need to make to get the ball rolling. You may consider working out at home, but having a gym membership may be more beneficial, especially if you need a little extra motivation to get started.
A gym membership offers a variety of ways to stay in shape and improve your health. Rochester, NY’s Penfield Sports & Fitness explains the top five reasons you should sign up for a gym membership:
- No Distractions: When you work out at home, you are bombarded by distractions. Kids, chores, spouses, television—all of these things will attract your attention when your focus should be on your workout. The gym forces you to stick to your fitness plan and tune out all of life’s distractions.
- Support Staff: Having a professional gym staff member to help you is a perk, whether you are new to working out or an experienced gym attendant. Trainers can provide tips for different workouts and health plans and can also assist with operating fitness machines with which you aren’t familiar.
- Equipment: Even if you build a home gym complete with treadmill and weights, having a gym membership offers other equipment like stationary bikes, weight benches, medicine balls, heavy bags, and other tools that will enhance your workout. Trying to fit everything at home is both tricky and expensive. Health club memberships won’t break your bank and will provide equipment options to improve your workout regiment.
- Group Exercise: Besides machines and weights, most gyms offer classes like yoga, aerobics, and spin. Group exercise motivates you to keep working. Having a guided workout led by a professional instructor ensures you are working out correctly and up to your fitness level.
- Stay on Task: Having a gym membership keeps you on a workout plan. When you are paying for something, you are more likely to take advantage of it. Also, if you plan your trip to the gym at the same time each day, it becomes an important part of your weekly routine. While there, the vibe of the health club also keeps you on task as you watch others tackling their fitness plan, channeling their positive energy to tackle your own workout.
No matter your fitness level or goals, Penfield Sports & Fitness has the equipment and classes for you. Their state-of-the-art fitness center offers members top-notch equipment, personal training, and group exercise options to improve overall health and wellness. To learn more about their gym memberships, call (585) 586-7777, or visit their website.