When your roof is damaged, it needs to be repaired or replaced. However, just how bad does damage have to be for a replacement to be necessary? It’s not always easy to know, so the expert roofing contractors at Graff Roofing in Okeana, OH, are here to help.
When you do a roofing inspection, look out for the following warning signs, and if you find them, it’s time to call the roofing contractor for a replacement roof:
- Curled or Cupped Shingle Edges: Look at the edges of your roofing shingles. Are they curled, cupped, or warped? This is a telltale sign that your roof is at the end of its lifespan.
- Cracks or Splits: If shingles are becoming cracked, it means they’re becoming too brittle to handle the elements. If your roofing inspection yields more than a few cracked or split shingles, call the roofing contractors right away for a replacement.
- Age: If it has been around 20 years since your roof has been replaced, it should be done as soon as possible, whether or not you think it’s needed. Your roof won’t last much longer, and you don’t want it to be weak when a storm rolls in.
- Bald Spots: If lots of shingles are becoming bald and the granules are collecting in your gutters, it means the materials are degrading and you need a roof replacement.
- Excessive Moss: While moss patches can be brushed off, they’re likely to grow back again and again. Over time, moisture trapped between the moss and roof surface will cause the shingles to degrade. After years of moss growth, you’ll want to consider the damage it’s causing and invest in a fresh roof.
Think you might need a roof replacement? Call the experts at Graff Roofing in Okeana at (513) 202-0199 for a roofing inspection. Their detail-oriented roofing contractors bring their best to every job, earning them a reputation as the best roofers in the area. Visit them online to learn more about their services, and protect your home and family with a beautiful new roof.