Usually, when you hear about appliance repairs it’s something that sounds complicated, like replacing a thermal fuse in your dryer or bake element in your oven. In this article, the team at Just Appliance Repair wants to show you some simple appliance fixes that will save you money and help your appliance run more efficiently. Below, are our best suggestions for your::
- Range Vent Hood – How often do you look up when you cook? Take time to inspect your range vent hood and see if its dirty. It’s easy to wash the metal-mesh hood filters either by hand or in the dishwasher. Charcoal filters should be replaced once every year or so, depending on use.
- Stovetop – Tired of your worn out stovetop? Did you know you can replace the burner grates on a gas stove and the burner drip bowls on an electric one? Replacing these items will improve the appearance of your stove. Or, tidy them up a little by using a grate and/or cooktop cleaner, to get them looking like new again.
- Oven – Over time oven door seals show wear and tear. Without a good seal, your oven can lose approximately 20% of it’s heat. To inspect, open up the oven door and examine the seal. If you find any cracks or broken sections, it’s time to call a professional to replace it.
- Refrigerator– Like your oven, your refrigerator’s seal can get worn and damaged. Check and see if it needs replacing. There are a few other items you can update inside your refrigerator: its drawers, drawer fronts, shelves and the all-important light bulb. All of this can be handled by your appliance repair professional.
- Dishwasher– Dishwasher tines can get rusty and beat up looking over time but are easy to have replaced. Plus, new tines are kinder to your dishes! You can also replace your dishwasher’s: dishracks, silverware basket and detergent dispenser.
- Dryer– Always keep the venting clear of lint. Clean it out thoroughly at least once a year. All you need is a special cleaning brush from the hardware store to remove any lint buildup in the tube. if your dryer is rocking when it’s on, that’s a sure sign it’s not level. You may need to have the the leveling legs replaced or add leveling leg pads to get a smoother cycle. We recommend replacing all at once for the best results.
Call 845-243-7052 to make your appointment today. Read real and verified customer reviews and testimonials of Just Appliance Repair and check out our 4.0 Star Rating on Home Advisor. You can also catch up on previous blogs you may have missed here.
Proudly serving the Mid-Lower Hudson Valley areas of: Orange, Ulster, Dutchess, Putnam, Columbia, Westchester, Rockland, Northern New Jersey and Parts of Connecticut.
Just Appliance Repair, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601 PH: 845-243-7052