From alloy wheels to wild paint jobs, adding new features to your car can be a gamble if you want to maintain a good resale value. However, with the right modifications, you can dramatically increase how much buyers will be willing to pay for a car.
- Bluetooth Stereo: Since most new cars already come with superior stereo systems, it may not always be worth it to add new sound accessories to your ride. However, if your car was lacking wireless abilities, adding a Bluetooth-enabled stereo can attract buyers looking for safety and convenience.
- Leather Seats: If you’re planning on keeping your car for a while before you sell it, leather seats can be a great investment. Not only are these seats incredibly comfortable and luxurious, but they can make car cleaning easy. In Alaska, seat warmers can also go a long way in getting top dollar for your car.
- New Paint: Giving your car a personalized paint job is a big turn-off to potential buyers and could hurt the overall value of your car. However, if you know an auto body shop that can apply a new coat of paint to match the original color, you could find yourself retaining a lot of value.
- Window Tinting: Like leather seats, window tinting is an automotive modification that can dramatically boost the value of your vehicle. However, it’s important to make sure that they are street legal.
- Back-Up Cameras: More visibility is always a plus to drivers. That’s why many used car buyers are willing to shell out extra cash for cars that have added back-up camera accessories.
Apart from adding accessories and making modifications to your car, the best way to get a solid return-on-investment on your vehicle is to keep it in pristine shape. Offering everything from oil changes to advanced car repair, Dean’s Automotive Service Center in Anchorage is your best resource for maintaining the overall value of your car. To schedule service, contact Alaska’s trusted auto mechanics at (907) 276-5731 or visit them online.