No one wants a long, drawn-out process when it comes to selling their home. According to the real estate experts at EXIT Realty Nexus in Coon Rapids, MN, you can speed up the process by discussing certain items with your real estate agent at the very beginning.
By covering the following material with your agent, they'll know exactly what you need in terms of a buyer. This will help them find the right buyers for your home and guide you through any changes you need to make on your end. Use this guide as an outline for the first meeting with your real estate agent:
- Realistic Value of Your Home: Before listing your house for sale, you need to establish the value of your home. Using your tax assessment value, your current appraisal value, and the current market standing, your realtor will be able to calculate your home's true market value. Once you have this number, you can establish the minimum value you'll accept for your home, and your realtor will suggest a realistic listing price.
- Updates: Your realtor knows what the buyers in your area are looking for, so ask them for a list of improvements that you should make to increase the aesthetic appeal of your home. This typically includes painting, having the carpet professionally cleaned or replaced, power washing the outside of your home, and updating your landscaping.
- Advertising: Besides being added to the local real estate listing, you need to also discuss how your home will be advertised. Ask the agent to list your home on the broker's newsletters, on their Facebook and Twitter pages, and in local newspapers. The more exposure your home is given, the higher the chance that you'll find the perfect buyer quickly.
- Open House: Not every homeowner is interested in hosting an open house, but it's a great way to reach interested parties within a few hours. Let your realtor know that you want to schedule an open house, and ask them how quickly they can make it happen.
- Closing Costs: You should also discuss closing costs with your realtor and determine who will pay them. If you're not open to paying closing costs, they can narrow down the list of potential buyers by sharing this information with them up front.
Ready to sell your home? Contact the talented real estate agents at EXIT Realty Nexus. These highly skilled agents have a keen understanding of the real estate industry in the Minneapolis area, so they'll help you sell your home quickly. Call them today at (763) 757-3948 or contact them online.