An education in cosmetology offers a number of career options after your training is complete. Students enrolled in a quality cosmetology school, such as the Jupiter Beauty Academy in Boston, MA, succeed in a variety of careers, including:
- Celebrity Makeup Artist: Cosmetology courses introduce students to special skills that will serve them well as makeup artists to the stars. With an understanding of beauty products and application techniques, makeup artists can create beautiful looks for their famous clients.
- Special Effects Makeup Artist: Beauty schools teach special effects makeup application techniques that can launch a career in movies, television, or theater. This creative field allows artists to create dramatic or scary effects, as well as transform an actor for their role with prosthetic makeup.
- Hairstylist or Barber: Many cosmetology students go on to become hairstylists or barbers, depending on their area of interest. Barbers typically cater specifically to shaving and cutting men’s hair, while hairstylists offer more beauty services for both men and women, including hair coloring.
- Estheticians: Studying an esthetics program in cosmetology school allows graduates to pursue a career as an esthetician, who specializes in skincare. These professionals can give facials and perform chemical peels and hair removal procedures.
- Salon Owner or Manager: Cosmetology students with a desire to run the business side of a salon will be well-prepared for a career as a salon owner or manager. Preparing for this challenging occupation requires you to understand all aspects of a salon business.
No matter what your goals are, an education at Jupiter Beauty Academy will prepare you for many exciting and rewarding career opportunities. If you’re looking to become a beauty professional, begin your journey by calling (617) 288-1811 or go online to learn more about the cosmetology school’s classes.