Storage units are a useful way to keep your items in a safe, secure place when you don’t need them or can’t fit them in your current space. Using self-storage as a permanent or temporary location for personal items or collectibles is pretty common, but there are some people who have gotten creative with their storage unit rentals. Anchorage, AK’s International Self Storage and Dimond Mini Storage share five unconventional ways to use storage units.
Self-storage isn’t just for boxes and furniture. Check out these five creative ways to use a storage unit:
- Office Space: When renting conventional office space is out of the budget or you need a quiet place to conduct business, a storage unit with climate control makes a cozy, private office option. Rent whichever size unit suits your needs and your small business or home office is ready to go.
- Rehearsal Space: Not only can your storage unit keep your musical instruments safe when not in use, you can also use the unit as a rehearsal space. Using a storage unit eliminates the worry of disturbing neighbors and also saves you money by not renting an expensive rehearsal studio.
- Gym: Build your own fitness center in a self-storage unit when you don’t have room for a home gym and prefer not to frequent a regular gym. Add a treadmill, a stationary bike, and some hand weights, and you are all set for a private workout session.
- Extra Living Space: When your apartment is too small to entertain, you can set up a self-storage unit as a hangout for friends and family. Units can be converted into “man caves” and other specially designed living areas, complete with seating, televisions, and entertainment systems.
- Art Gallery: Hang your art and turn a storage unit into an art studio and gallery. With some creative lighting, the open space of a storage unit is perfect for displaying artwork as well as for creating new pieces. The unit can then store the art and art supplies safely when the gallery is closed.
Since 1987, International Self Storage and Dimond Mini Storage have offered Anchorage residents storage units that are safe and secure for personal items. From mini to car storage, the company has all of the options to cover your storage needs. To learn more about the company’s storage facilities and their unit pricing, visit them online or call (907) 563-2655.