Without giving it much thought, many policyholders renew their home or car insurance plans each year before assessing their payments. To save money throughout the year, there are a number of ways to find out if your premiums are too high. As the region’s premier independent provider of affordable and comprehensive coverage, The Insurance Exchange of Kalispell, MT, scours the spectrum of leading carriers to find the best rates for their clients.
How do you know if your wallet is taking a beating from high home or car insurance premiums? Look out for the following signs:
- Undiscovered Fees: Each month, check your bill for hidden fees such as claims processing or installment payment convenience fees. Although the charges may only consist of a few dollars, they can easily add up over the years.
- No Policy Updates: Before it’s time to renew, go over your insurance policy with a fine-tooth comb to confirm you’re receiving all the discounts and savings you were initially promised. Ask your insurance agent if you qualify for more based on personal changes since your last renewal.
- No Loyalty Rewards: If you’re a long-time policyholder, some insurance providers will reward loyal clients with discounts of up to 10% or more. If your current carrier doesn’t reward you for renewals, you might want to shop around.
- Unnecessary Riders: You could be spending more on coverage for natural disasters that don’t apply to your locale. Depending on where you live, earthquake, hurricane, or flood insurance may simply be unnecessary.
- Low Deductibles: As a general rule of thumb, the higher your deductible, the lower your premium will be. If you can, consider increasing your deductible so your monthly payments will decrease.
Whether you’re in the market for car, homeowners, or business insurance, The Insurance Exchange is your trusted source for customized, budget-friendly coverage. You’ll receive a personal analysis of your needs to determine which plan offers the features you desire.
Don’t pay more than you have to! If you live in the Flathead Valley community, call The Insurance Exchange today at (406) 756-2500 for a free quote. Visit the website for more information about home or car insurance.