Your car is only as good as you treat it. Whenever something goes wrong with your automobile, Automotive Supply Center in Hilo, HI, recommends fixing the problem as soon as possible—that way, you can extend the life of your vehicle and prevent any further damage. While some auto repairs require assistance from a professional mechanic, there are many maintenance tasks you can execute yourself after visiting an automotive supplies store.
Rather than ignoring the issue or going straight to a mechanic, review these five DIY auto maintenance tasks:
- Flat Tire: Whether you have a slow leak or a blowout, you can repair or replace a tire with the right automotive supplies. First, you’ll need a jack, a spare tire, and a lug wrench. Park your car on level ground, jack up the side of the vehicle with the flat, remove the tire, and replace it with the spare. Now you’re ready to get back on the road!
- Broken Lights: If you have a headlight that won’t shine, you risk an accident or a ticket from the police every time you step on the gas. To avoid the frustration of a fine, visit an automotive supplies store, purchase a new bulb, and ask an on-duty employee how to install it.
- Dead Battery: If you start to notice signs your car battery is dying, check your owner’s manual to find out what kind of replacement you need to buy. Then, with the proper automotive supplies, you can disconnect the old battery and trade it in for a new one.
- Old Spark Plugs: Your vehicle should start immediately after turning the ignition. If it doesn’t, you may need to replace your spark plug. Should you spot evidence of corrosion or rust under your hood, purchase a new one and perform a DIY replacement.
- Oil Changes: Until recently, most car owners completed oil changes without help from a mechanic. The only automotive supplies you need to execute this task are a fresh supply of oil and a drain pan.
By knowing exactly what automotive supplies to buy—and choosing a store with a helpful staff to talk to—you can save a significant amount of money on car maintenance services. To find out what’s in stock at Automotive Supply Center, call (808) 935-3767 or visit them online.