Like most living things, even trees need a bit of occasional love and care to grow properly. Because of this, L & M Tree Service in Kalispell, MT, specializes in affordable tree pruning and trimming services and they’ve compiled some tips to help you keep your arboretum in the best shape possible.
If you want the trees on your property to live a long, healthy life, then try following these five great tree pruning tips, from the professionals at L & M Tree Service:
- Trim During Proper Season: No matter what type of tree you’re trimming or pruning, it’s important always to do so during its dominant season; this will enable healthy canopy growth.
- Prune Away Small Branches: When thinning the branches on your tree, L & M Tree Service recommends pruning only small or misshapen branches; removing bigger ones will damage your tree.
- Prune Properly: When tree pruning, it’s important to cut away branches properly from the trunk, without leaving stubs; the cut you make should be as flush with the trunk as possible to ensure proper growth.
- Keep Branches Evenly Spaced: Tree pruning spurs on healthy branch growth, which is why when trimming and pruning, it’s essential to keep healthy branches evenly spaced apart from each other.
- Remove Crossing Branches: Young branches that cross each other can turn into problems down the road, so remove them during tree pruning.
For more helpful tree pruning tips, contact the professionals at L & M Tree Service today at (406) 261-7240. They also specialize in tree removal and stump grinding services, so visit them online for a closer look at what they have to offer.