As a parent, you’re always on the lookout for ways to improve your child’s quality of life. Organic cotton sleepwear joins the ranks of small parental triumphs like healthy snacks and educational games by minimizing your little one’s exposure to toxins. The fibers are non-allergenic, non-irritating, and just plain comforting—proving these pajamas to be a win-win for picky kids and babies with sensitive skin.
If you’re planning to buy organic clothing for your children, stop by Aneta Kidz in Brooklyn, NY. They have a wide selection of durable, hypoallergenic clothes for boys and girls, including organic cotton sleepwear, teen pajamas, and long sleeve tops.
Here, Aneta Kidz offers five easy tips on how to wash your new bedtime apparel:
- Read Care Label: Check the care labels of individual garments to find out if the clothing is meant to be hand- or machine-washed. They may also specify the ideal water temperature or drying method. The best way to avoid damaging the fabric is by following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Wash Separately: Just like regular laundry, separate dark-colored and light-colored organic cotton clothes to prevent the dye from bleeding during the first few washes. Also, turn sleepwear with prints inside out.
- Use Mild Detergent: Powerful detergents are formulated with harsh chemicals that can be hard on natural fabrics like organic cotton. In addition, they may cause the dyes to fade. Bleaching agents, stain guards, and fabric conditioners are also discouraged because of the residue they leave behind.
- Distribute Detergent: Evenly distribute the detergent in the washer before loading your garments. Direct contact with undiluted detergent may cause spot bleaching. As an extra precaution, immerse the clothes in water before adding detergent.
- Set At Low Heat: If you use a dryer, set it on low heat or air cycle. Organic cotton is not treated, so the fabric is at high risk of shrinking. Hanging these garments up to dry is always a safer option. Instead of wringing them, get rid of excess water with a gentle squeeze.
For American-made organic cotton sleepwear, trust Aneta Kidz to clothe your little ones at bedtime. Call them today at (646) 799-4420 to speak with a customer service representative. You can also visit the online shop to browse their popular products.