Looking for a restaurant that serves delicious fresh seafood? Telly's Taverna, one of the best Greek and seafood restaurants in Astoria, NY, is the place to go. Their chefs prepare exquisite meals to please even the most discerning taste buds.
Here are four fresh seafood dishes to leave at the top of your list:
- Porgy: Known for its versatility, this fish can be char-, boiled or fried at Telly’s. Porgies are about the size of an open hand and have a moderate fat content, which makes them an excellent choice for those who are watching their waistlines.
- It is one of the most popular amongst the Greeks.
- Branzino: This fish is known by a multitude of names including lubina, spigola, and the more popular, European seabass. Greek-americans sometimes call it Branzini,. Whatever you choose to call it, branzino is celebrated for its firm, white meat, and delicate flavor. Grilled branzino with Extra virgin olive oil , lemon touch of oregano makes a mouthwatering treat for any seafood lover.
- Sargo: The sargo, or white seabream, has a flat, oval body. While its body is gray with dark vertical stripes, sargo has a white flesh that can be barbecued, pan-fried, or grilled. Ask for pan-fried sargo with black pepper, Greek olive oil, and lemon slices for a culinary treat like no other.
- Barbounia: Also known as the “red mullet,” the Barbounia is arguably the Mediterranean’s most popular fresh seafood dish. Its unique flavor complements the area’s native spices and herbs, including oregano and bay leaf. To enhance your next dining experience, try one of Telly Taverna’s quality red or white wines to go with your fresh seafood feast.
With these intriguing options in mind, make your way to this Astoria restaurant to satisfy your appetite for seafood. For questions and reservations, call Telly’s Taverna at (718) 728-9056, or visit the website to browse their impressive menu and watch a selection of video clips.