Whether you’re on a strict diet or just want to watch those calories, it can be difficult to choose the right menu item while eating out. Gyro World in Flushing, NY, wants you to stay healthy while also enjoying your social life, so they’ve compiled a few tips for choosing the healthiest menu options when eating out.
If you want to stay healthy but still enjoy what you eat, try following these helpful suggestions from Flushing’s favorite Greek restaurant:
- Pick A Leaner Protein: When eating out, a great way to keep your calories down is to choose a lean protein option like chicken or fish. This will also help reduce the amount of saturated fat in your meal.
- Don’t Be Afraid To Ask: Many restaurants—Gyro World included—are more than happy to accommodate special requests, such as placing sauces or salad dressings on the side and substituting menu items that are high in sodium.
- Choose Fresh Ingredients: One of the best ways to eat healthy is by choosing a menu item made with fresh ingredients, such as one of the Greek salads or gyros available at Gyro World.
- Skip The Starters: Whetting your appetite with a basket of fries or chips and dip is a common pastime. However, skipping the appetizer and going straight to the main course can cut out some of those fattier foods.
- Split An Entrée: Want to avoid overeating or carrying half of your meal home in a doggie bag? Gyro World recommends splitting an entrée if you’re eating out with another person.
For more helpful tips on choosing the right menu items while eating out, contact the fresh food experts from Gyro World today at (718) 428-3800. For a closer look at what they have to offer, visit them online.