Your gutters play an essential maintenance role by directing rainwater away from your house to prevent frustrating structural problems. As diligent as you may be about gutter cleaning, there will come a time when gutter replacement is necessary. Learn about the gutter replacement warning signs to sidestep unpleasant problems such as roof leaks and foundation damage.
Replace your gutters if any of the following occur:
- Cracked Gutters: Inspect your gutters for cracks. To quote home improvement guru Bob Vila, “cracked gutters are about as pointless as a bucket with a hole on the bottom.” Keep in mind that while large cracks are easily visible, small cracks may only become apparent during a storm. Gutters featuring many large and small cracks require replacement.
- Rust: Check gutters for rust. Rusting gutters eventually form holes that cause leaks and affect your home’s paint job, among causing other problems. Consider rust-proof aluminum gutters when discussing gutter replacement options.
- Pools Of Water & Mildew: Look for pools of water and mildew around your home’s foundation. Malfunctioning gutters do not allow water to drain away from your house and subsequently create ideal environments for mildew. Check your gutter for clogs and cracks to repair or replace them as needed.
- Basement Flooding: Stop water leakage in your basement with gutter replacement. Faulty gutters are one of the top causes of basement flooding. Replace your gutters as soon as you notice this issue to prevent costly water damage and mildew formation.
- Exterior Trim Rot: Check exterior wood trim such as door jambs and window sills for signs of rot. Malfunctioning gutters allow water to pour over the sides of your home and cause severe damage to exterior trim elements.
Discuss these and other signs pointing to gutter replacement with the experienced team at Amakua Rain Gutters. The gutter installation, repair, and replacement company has proudly served the entire island of Oahu, HI, for 12 years. Work with the highly-trained crew to prevent rainwater from damaging your home and costing you hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars. Contact Amakua Rain Gutters today to obtain a free estimate. Call (808) 258-6994 or visit the website today.