Since its introduction in the 2000s, Botox® has changed the way people beautify. Everyone knows the basics of this FDA-approved cosmetic injection, but there’s so much more to discover about this miraculous beauty treatment! Here, the experts at Gaughf Dermatology in Pooler, GA, have shared their five favorite facts about this incredible injectable.
Keep reading to learn five amazing benefits of Botox:
- Fast Results: Botox injections are quick and fast-acting. There’s no downtime following the procedure, and you may see results as soon as the first few hours!
- Minimal Discomfort: The needles used to administer Botox are very small, so they produce minimal discomfort. Many patients liken the experience to tiny pinpricks.
- Fewer Wrinkles: Most people already know Botox relaxes the wrinkles you already have. Once your skin is relaxed by the Botox, the creases can relax and heal, which will minimize the effects of aging on your face. But beyond that, removing tension from the skin also stops future wrinkles from deepening or forming in the first place.
- Fewer Migraines: If you suffer from chronic migraines, you may find relief with the help of Botox injections administered every three weeks. Unlike many migraine medications, which only treat the pain once it starts, Botox works to prevent migraines from happening in the first place.
- Medical Treatment: Beyond migraines, Botox has been approved for a wide range of medical treatments. Cross-eyes (strabismus), overactive bladder, and excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis) are just a few examples.
Would you like to learn more about the many ways Botox can work for you? Schedule your appointment today for Botox treatments with Dr. Gaughf at Gaughf Dermatology. To learn more about their selection of cosmetic procedures, call the Pooler practice at (912) 354-7124 or visit their website.