A daily yoga routine can help you stay healthy and calm, but attending regular classes in the winter can be a tough endeavor. Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to do guided yoga at home during the colder months? Stroud Chiropractic Clinic in Archdale, NC, recommends yoga as a beneficial pain relief practice. However, before practicing yoga at home, you might want to know if it is safe for you. Stroud Chiropractic Clinic can provide personal attention and check if your spine is properly aligned, or offer treatments for a neck injury, back pain, headache, and more.
Here are five tips from their experts for practicing yoga at home:
- Set A Schedule: Similar to any workout routine, consistency is important in yoga. Make sure you stick to a schedule and aim for at least 30 to 60 minutes per session, three to five times a week to reap the pain relief benefits.
- Create A Yoga Spot: The perfect spot for yoga is a peaceful and quiet space, such as an extra room. To create a relaxing atmosphere, clear out distractions, unroll your mat, and set some scented candles or incense in place.
- Choose Your Style: Yoga features a number of styles with different sets of benefits. Determine what your body and mind need. If you want the gentle form, you can start with Hatha. If you’re into long-held poses, try Yin or Restorative yoga.
- Learn & Practice: Once you’ve found the style that suits you, learn all about it online or attend a few classes before doing it on your own. You can watch instructional videos and practice the poses as you go along.
- Build It Slowly: Yoga is a discipline that teaches you to surrender more and more to what is, which is why it is combined with meditation. This can be daunting for beginners, so build your practice slowly.
For spinal adjustments and other chiropractic treatments, trust the experts at Stroud Chiropractic Clinic to provide the personal attention you need. Call their office at (336) 434-2107 or visit their website to learn more.