When you hire a real estate agent to help you sell or buy a house, you assume they have your best interests in mind. While it’s true most all realtors look out for their clients, it never hurts to investigate your own agent’s intentions. Coon Rapids, MN’s leading real estate firm, EXIT Realty Nexus, says if you’re unsure whether or not your realtor has your back, rest assured, because there are several ways you can tell if they’ve got you at the top of their priority list.
Here are five ways to tell if your realtor is looking out for you:
- They Call You: If your real estate agent calls you frequently or even touches base with you through text messages or emails, you can be sure they’ve got your best interests at heart. A realtor should be in constant communication with their clients, updating them with new information as soon as they receive it. If you haven’t heard from your agent in a while or seem to always be the one reaching out to them, reconsider the person you chose.
- They Provide Counsel: Since realtors are the pros when it comes to buying and selling real estate, they should be guiding you along the way, answering any questions you may have, putting your concerns to rest, and helping you make wise decisions. If you feel like your agent hasn’t offered you any guidance, it may be best to hire a different realtor.
- They Work With Limited Clients: Dealing with real estate transactions, negotiations, marketing, and client relations can be taxing on a realtor, so to ensure you’re getting the service you need, make sure they aren’t overloaded with clients. When you interview realtors, be up front. Find out how many clients they’re currently representing to determine if they’ll be able to give you the attention you deserve.
- They Hold Open Houses: If you’re selling a house, you’ll want your realtor to advertise it well. One way to draw in potential buyers is by holding open houses, which is an essential marketing tool nearly every realtor uses. If your house is for sale but you agent hasn’t held or even mentioned having an open house, they may not be a good fit for you.
- They Take You On Home Tours: If you’re in the market for a new home, the only way to find one is by touring real estate listings. If your agent hasn’t presented you with homes that fit your wish list or taken you on any home tours, they may not be doing all they can for you.
Don’t settle for a realtor who doesn’t have your back. Whether you’re buying or selling a house or are interested in real estate investing, hire an agent you can rely on, like those at EXIT Realty Nexus in Coon Rapids. To meet their highly qualified real estate agents, visit EXIT Realty Nexus’ website. You can also speak with them directly at (763) 757-3948.