Ensuring the safety of a child is one of the most important tasks a parent must undertake. One element of creating a safe environment for a child is being proactive with potentially dangerous areas of a house. It’s helpful to have an experienced home improvement service on your side when planning these types of home safety modifications. Luckily, Affordable Handyman is ready to assist Cincinnati-area parents with all kinds of measures to increase child safety.
There are many different types of childproofing products that can make your home a safe space. From faucet covers to table edge guards, here are just five products that can help decrease the potential dangers of your home:
- Corner Guards: The edges of coffee tables or desks can be hazardous for crawling and toddling young ones. Corner guards are pieces of soft material that take the risk out of bumping into these sharp edges.
- Outlet Covers: Electrical outlets have the potential to shock tiny hands that may be a little too curious. There is a range of convenient covers that will protect your child from danger.
- Faucet Covers: Bath time can be a blast with a little one, but the bathtub faucet can present a sharp danger to a baby’s head. Faucet covers shield a child’s head from harmful bumps and come in a variety of fun designs.
- Magnetic Cabinet Locks: The contents of some cabinets simply aren’t for children. Thankfully, magnetic cabinet locks provide a secure way of keeping children out of certain spaces.
- Toilet Locks: Before it’s time for a child to get acquainted with the toilet for potty training, keeping the lid tightly shut is a safe decision. Toilet locks keep a lid clamped, preventing unwanted access.
Being a parent is a stressful job, but making simple home safety modifications can take some of that worry away from the equation. For any parents in Cincinnati looking to childproof a home, having the assistance of Affordable Handyman can make installation home safety modifications a breeze. For information on childproofing and other projects such as gutter cleaning, faucet repair, pressure washing, and more, call (513) 851-9333 or visit the website today.