The top golf outfitter in the New York City, New York Golf Center, has everything both skilled and new players need to reach the top of their games. At this golf store, you’ll find full sets of golf clubs that will round out your game necessities nicely.
Shopping for golf clubs is much more than a quick grab from the shelf—you want to make sure they feel right in your grip, you’re comfortable with the size, and they meet your needs. At New York Golf Center, experienced professionals are on hand to help you select the right pieces for your set. Here’s what you will be shopping for as you build your full set of clubs:
- Driver: The largest club in the set is the driver. Typically, the driver’s job is hitting the ball from the tee. It’s known for its ability to reach far distances when struck, as well as its large-size head.
- Irons: Irons have a sleeker face and are ideal for slicing the ball through difficult conditions, such as thickets (also called “the rough”) and sand. The function of the iron is hitting the ball off the ground, and most sets contain between five and nine irons.
- Woods: Each full set sold has one or two woods included. They primarily have large faces and are versatile enough to use both off the tee and the ground.
- Hybrids: Hybrids take up the first through fourth clubs of the set, and they contain features from both iron and wood clubs. The result is a club that is easy to wield, with a narrow body like an iron but has the solid club face of a wood.
- Wedges: Golf club sets include pitching and sand wedges. They’re used primarily to maneuver trickier balls that are in less than optimal locations.
- Putters: The most common club of all is the putter, and all sets include at least one, known as a mallet or a blade. Its flat face makes it ideal for simply gliding the ball on the ground into the hole.
- Bag: A great quality golf bag is an essential part of the set. Most include standing or carrying bags, plus some head covers to protect the delicate materials on some of the clubs.
You’ll find a fantastic selection of golf clubs and more at New York Golf Center. The golf store carries only the best of the best and offers custom golf club fittings to ensure you’re purchasing the right product for you. For more information, visit the website, or call (212) 564-2255.